Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology
The 3-year Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology Programme (BMLT) was started in 1987 at the Maharajgunj Campus, and has an intake of four students annually.
The BMLT course aims to produce professional graduate in laboratory medicine who are academically sound, technically skilled, creative in nature and self-reliant in performing quality control, interpreting the results and providing leadership to subordinates.
- To perform routine and special laboratory investigations on clinical and non clinical subjects independently.
- To interpret the results and explain underlined principle of each investigation.
- To assist and take part in research work.
- To participate in teaching learning activities.
- To set up Zonal level medical laboratory.
- To introduce quality control system in laboratory to have qualitative result.
- To perform managerial works – supervision of subordinates, or preparation of periodic reports and maintenance of inventory etc.
The BMLT course has been divided into 4 major subjects: Medical microbiology, Clinical biochemistry, Haematology and Histopathology and Cytology. Students will attend theory and practical class and do project assignment.
Each of the above subjects will have 100 full mark in each academic year and will be divided as follows:
First Year Second Year Third Year Pass Mark
Internal Assessment 20 marks 20 marks 10 50%
Final Examination 80 marks 80 marks 80 50%
Project writing ……….. ………. 10 ……
Practical Exam 100 100 100 50%
Certificate level in laboratory medicine (health Laboratory) from the Institute of medicine, or equivalent from other universities recognized by T.U. or 10+2 (Biology Group from T.U. equivalent from other recognized University.
Coordinator : Mr. M. Kirati, BMLT, Lecturer, Biochemistry.